- PM approves E Sreedharan panel to lay down standards for metro rail systems
The recommendations of this Panel will bring India to the international standard inline with Russia and Eastern Europe where every metro has the same standards, the same signalling system, and track gauge, etc.
- In a historic first, Saudi Arabia lifts a ban on female drivers
Saudi King Salman on September 16, 2017 issued a royal decree that allows women to drive cars. The end of the ban was ordered as part of the reforms pushed by King’s young son, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
- Saudi ARAMCO, ADNOC sign MoU for participating in Ratnagiri Refinery project of Maharashtra
Ratnagiri Refinery & Petrochemicals Ltd (RRPCL) was formed as a Joint Venture Company on September 22, 2017 between IOCL, BPCL and HPCL with equity participation of 50:25:25 respectively.
- India, Bangladesh Navies agree to institute Coordinated Patrol
Four frigates, two from the Bangladesh Navy, namely, BNS Abu Bakar and BNS Dhaleswari; and two from the Indian Navy, namely, INS Satpura and INS Kadmatt, will join the CORPAT.
- Day of the Seafarer 2018 observed by IMO
The Day of the Seafarer (DotS) was established in a resolution adopted by the 2010 Diplomatic Conference in Manila to adopt the revised STCW Convention.