- PM Modi to inaugurate AIIB Annual Meeting 2018
The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is the Professional Conference Organiser (PCO); Research and Information Systems for Developing Countries (RIS) is the knowledge partner for the third Annual Meeting of AIIB.
- Prime Minister lays foundation stone of paperless Vanijya Bhawan
Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of Vanijya Bhawan, a new office complex for the Union Department of Commerce. It will be a completely paperless office with state-of-the-art-facilities such as smart access control, central air-conditioning, video conferencing and completely networked systems.
- 4 MoUs signed under ‘Adopt a Heritage’ Scheme: Culture Ministry
Four Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) have been signed under ‘Adopt a Heritage’ scheme and six more are at an advanced stage. The project aims to develop basic tourism infrastructure in and around heritage monuments and any other tourist sites.
- President Ram Nath Kovind approves Governor’s rule in J&K after BJP-PDP split
The move came hours after the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) pulled out of its alliance with Mehbooba Mufti’s Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), citing the “critical security situation” in the Valley.
- HRD Minister launches National Digital Library
HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar has launched the National Digital Library of India. The main objective of the digital library is to make quality digital educational resources available to all citizens of the country to empower, inspire and encourage learning.
- India, Cuba sign MoUs to enhance co-operation in the field of Biotechnology, medicine & homeopathy
India shares a strong, cordial and friendly relation with Cuba. Cuba and India have historic ties which date back to 1959 when famous guerrilla fighter Ernesto Guevara visited New Delhi.
- World’s first International Centre for Humanitarian Forensics launched in Gujarat
The world’s first of its kind and state-of-the-art International Centre for ‘Humanitarian Forensics’ (ICHF) has been launched at the Gujarat Forensic Sciences University in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. It would not only assist in the dignified and proper management of the dead bodies during disasters or emergencies but also in their identification.
- Indian scientists discover sub-Saturn like a planet around a sun-like star
An Indian team of scientists led by Prof Abhijit Chakraborty of Physical Research Laboratory (PRL), Ahmedabad, have discovered a sub-Saturn or super-Neptune size planet around a Sun-like star.
- Gujarat government launches Wind-Solar Hybrid Power Policy-2018
The state government of Gujarat has announced its wind-solar hybrid power policy – 2018 to promote setting up of wind as well as solar power projects at one location. The policy aims to make optimum utilization of land and grid lines.
- Union Government collaborates with Google for flood forecasting
Under the collaborative arrangement, Google will use high-resolution Digital Elevation Model and vast computational resources and Artificial Intelligence to generate flood inundation maps utilizing the input provided by CWC.
- Union Cabinet approves the proposal for enactment of Dam Safety Bill, 2018
The Union Cabinet has approved the proposal for introduction of Dam Safety Bill, 2018 in the Parliament. The bill will enable all states and union territories of India to adopt uniform dam safety procedures that will not only ensure the safety of the dams but will also safeguard their benefits.
- World’s largest iceberg set to disappear after an 18-year-long journey
The world’s largest iceberg, which broke away from Antarctica’s Ross ice shelf 18 years ago, could be nearing the end of its voyage, as per NASA observation.